Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Strategies: Milwaukee County
# Pages: 196 pages
Dimensions: 6 x 9
- Primary targets of child abuse and neglect prevention strategies are professional educators who are in direct contact with child (age range 3-18).
- These professional educators consist of the following six categories: (1) teachers, (2) administrators, (3) counselors, (4) psychologist, (5) social workers and (6) support services personnel.
- Given the in-depth research on the topic child abuse and neglect, readers are able to identify and address the following three questions: ( 1) What is child abuse and neglect? (2) How and when did it begin? and (3) What and how can educators, parents and community agencies prevent this disease from spreading?
- latter section of this book consists of innovative lesson plans/activities to inform and teach children how to avoid becoming victims of sexual abusers.
- Lesson plans are designed around thought-provoking poems.
- There are innovative games, puzzles, and role-playing techniques.
- Secondary targets are: (a) parent support groups, (b) churches, (c) hospitals, (d) child care services, (e) community agencies.
- Effective research cites many supportive organizations that are implementing strategies to prevent child and neglect.